Disney's cruises feature "modern ocean liners with classic steamship lines" (which is code for: these ships are big enough to put tons of people on them). The company offers family-oriented mainstream cruises that are combined with a Walt Disney World vacation. Obviously kids are the emphasis, but kids of all ages can enjoy the trips.
Before you book your vacation, you may be wondering about some of the advantages and disadvantages of the cruise line. Here's a closer look:
Disney Cruises Pros
- The staff is friendly and conscientious.
- You've got name recognition that your kids will get excited about.
- The innovative ships are just plain fun.
- You'll probably cruise to Disney's private island, which is excellent compared to other line's islands.
- Plenty of children's facilities (and babysitting so mom and dad can get away for a break)
- There's a nice variety in dining venue and presentation.
- The family cabins are roomy enough for all.
- You might get sick of the "Disney overdose."
- Expect loud and intrusive public announcements.
- You might find the children's programs are too regimented.
- The cruise can be uneven in quality.
- Some have complained about an unnecessary pressure to leave the ship on disembarkation.
Source: The Unofficial Guide to Cruises