However there are lots of extras that generally aren’t included (though more expensive luxury cruises include a lot more extras in their ticket prices).
Here are some of the things you will have to pay for that are not included in the price of the cruise:
- Drinks, including sodas and bottled water
- Phone calls
- Dry cleaning
- Dining at alternative restaurants on board
- Airfare (unless you sign up for a package that includes cruise and airfare)
- Sometimes port taxes and charges (these are usually included but double check)
- Shore excursions (you can choose to save money by sight-seeing on your own, but activities aren’t always by the dock, so put aside cash for taxies or buses)
The positive news is that you still get a lot for your money with a cruise, and with all the deals available, you’ll rarely pay even as much as is listed in the cruise line’s brochure.